Just installed the third alfa release of Ubuntu 10.04 (aka Lucid Lynx) on my Netbook, an Inspiron Mini 10v. So far nothing seems terrible broken. Of course, at this point so far merely consists of booting the system, connecting to the wireless, firing up the web browser, etc.
When trying out the new alfa release, please consider reporting bugs you discover. The earlier bugs are found, the greater the chance for them to actually get fixed in time for the final release.
Little more than a month ago I bought myself a Das Keyboard (ultimate edition) from getDigital.de. Well, actually I ordered it over three month ago, but last month was when I actually received it. Anyway, figured I would share a few thoughts about it.
- The keyboard is a real full size, rather heavy, solid keyboard. It almost literary screams quality.
- You get a very snappy feedback from all the keys. That really makes the typing much more comfortable.
- By design the keyboard makes the classic “clicky” sound when you type at it. Whatever this is a good or a bad thing probably depends both on your personal preferences as well as your surrounding. Myself I would most likely have preferred a more quiet keyboard.
- I really think it is a shame that there is a red and white “daskeyboard” logo up in the right corner. Would have been much slicker with a completely black keyboard; kind of like the stunt ship in The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy.
- Having an internal USB 2.0 hub in the keyboard is something which has turned out to be a lot more convenient than I imagined. It definitely feels more accessible than using a hub in the monitor.
In short, yes I’m very happy with my new keyboard.